The Ultimate Roadmap for Navigating State and Federal Drug-Testing Laws
Laws regarding workplace drug-testing are continually in transition. The Guide to State and Federal Drug-Testing Laws is the only book written specifically to help employers understand and comply with state and federal laws. The Guide includes:
- Analyses of all statutory law, case law, and regulations relevant to your substance-abuse-prevention policies and programs
- Analyses of state laws which restrict random drug testing, on-site testing, and hair testing… and matrices of these drug-testing statutes and cases
- Summaries of all workers’ and unemployment compensation statutes and cases related to drug and alcohol testing and abuse
- Overviews of relevant DOT regulations, and of ADA and FMLA requirements
- Summaries of the drug-free workplace requirements for federal contractors and grantees
The Guide Answers Your Questions:
- How do court decisions impact the drug testing of employees and job applicants in my state?
- Has my state legislature enacted a drug-testing law?
- Which states restrict or prohibit preemployment, “for cause,” random, and or/other types of drug testing?
- Which states have workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation provisions relevant to employee substance abuse and adverse employment action?
- Which states have requirements affecting testing procedures such as chain-of-custody, confirmatory tests, and laboratory choice?
- Which states offer employers benefits for implementing drug-testing programs?
The Guide Clarifies Marijuana Laws by State
The Guide summarizes the state-by-state laws and helps ensure compliance with state and federal laws, minimize legal liability, and assists you with implementation and enforcement of your substance-abuse-prevention policy relative to “medical-marijuana” and “recreational-marijuana” statutes.